Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blogging

I never thought much of blogging before this class (SMPA 180). I don’t mean that I didn’t think it was good. I mean I didn’t think about it period. I didn’t read many blogs let alone write one. Let’s face it, I’m writing these words simply because I can think of nothing else to write. Who cares what I have to say. Sure family, friends and the professors that HAVE to read what I write will care, but otherwise I don’t think anyone else would read what I write.

I don’t think I have any great insight to share with the world. Come back to me in a decade or so and I may think otherwise, but right now I’m still deciding what I think/believe about most topics one would discuss for a blog. I have opinions. But, none are so radically different from the general population that I feel the need to share them with people outside my family or friends, except when required to do so in classes.

Some people blog about their day to day lives. This is a great idea for people with interesting lives such as my friends studying abroad, an astronaut, a movie star, or anyone else with something interesting to say. I go to work, then I go to school, then I go to bed, repeat. Sure sometimes I do something new, but not on a day to day basis. If someone is great at storytelling they can write about anything and make it sound amazing. I’m not one of those people. So to save everyone from having to read anything else by me on this blog…I’ll stop.

--Briana Giosta

No comments:

Post a Comment