Thursday, November 4, 2010

GO LEAFS...OH

“Even if your team is garbage…you should always believe they will, without a doubt, win the Championship. It’s called faith”

--God

After being the worst team in the Eastern Conference last year the Toronto Maple Leafs started off the new season 4-0. Leafs nation was in a frenzy and the fans who have been waiting since 1967 for a Stanley Cup were already making “Plan the Parade” posters. Suddenly, GM Brian Burke looked like a genius for making the controversial off-season trades he did, Coach Ron Wilson’s command style of coaching didn’t seem too harsh, and the players seemed to have chemistry, speed, and skill. All was well.

Fast forward to today. The Leafs are 5-5-2 and have quickly evoked memories of last year’s team. All the positive talk at the start of the season has disappeared and now Leaf fans are bad- mouthing their team in a way that only they really can. Brian Burke’s an idiot, Wilson is a brutal coach, and our players have the skill of a minor league team.

Well enough is enough boys and girls! I am not going to sit around, with my head in my jersey and trash talk the Buds because you know what? I’m a fan and as that quote above (from God might I add) tells us, we need to have faith. There are so many reasons to have faith, not to mention the fact that the Leafs are still at .500 and have just gotten through the toughest part of their October/ November schedule.

You know what? I’m going to call it right now so when it happens I can say “I told you so.”

ATTENTION EVERYONE: The Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup this year.

My logic is airtight on this one too:

I am a Leafs fan.

The Leafs are the best.

The best team wins the Stanley Cup.

Thus, the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup.

Do we see how faith works now? Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment